Friday, January 27, 2012

I am new to organic gardening , here in the north I would like to put corn gluten for early weeds ,?

still wet and cold my garden will not be planted until the end of May. But by then it will be filled with weeds. Can I apply corn gluten now and then till it under in May without hurting my first planting? Or just fight the weeds until my plants are 5 inches tall?

I am new to organic gardening , here in the north I would like to put corn gluten for early weeds ,?
Corn Gluten is a pre-emergent; meaning it wont kill any existing weeds it just keeps the new weeds from sprouting. You can apply the gluten now, but I wouldn't use it in any beds that you'll be starting seeds in. It's safe for beds that will be planted with starter size plants or existing plants.


No comments:

Post a Comment