Friday, January 27, 2012

My two goldfish are in full color and im pretty sure are two inch, how and when do they breed?

My two fish, I think one is common and the other a comet... or maybe their both comet but I don't know when they'll breed or how! Books I"ve read say during spring and summer but at what age? And how do I tell that a female is a female if I don't know how big they're suppose to look. And how do I tell if my fish are males or females if one is a white one? Will they mate in the small one gallon cage or should I move them to the bigger tank to get ready to breed then when they lay their eggs put them in the small tank for a while until the small fish hatch? What if I don't notice a fish lay eggs and are the eggs to small to see just by walking by. Can the eggs be layed on a plastic plant, and what if my fish never breeds. How will I tell what they are then? I know I'm asking alot but I need to know. Thanks to all who answer =)

My two goldfish are in full color and im pretty sure are two inch, how and when do they breed?
Goldfish don't reach sexual maturity until they are about 1 year old. Here's a good link that will answer your questions about goldfish breeding:



http://www.goldfishinfo.com/spawn.htm



MM


No comments:

Post a Comment