Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I have little mushrooms growing in my cactus pot, is this normal?

I have 3 littles cactus' growing in a 15 inch diameter pot with special cactus soil. They are not exposed to much daylight (however, there is a window next to them) and I water them maybe once a week to the most. I've had them for maybe a year now, and just recently, I started noticing some little mushrooms growing (long thin stem with a little yellow tip), and some with and green fungus-type substance under some spots in the soil. The cactus seem very healthy and are growing well, but I am concerned about the mushrooms and fungus growing. There seems to be little or no humidity in the room they are kept and it is very clean and ventilated so I do not know where this is coming from and if it's safe (for the plants and for me to breathe around)



Any advice??



Thanks in advance for your help!

I have little mushrooms growing in my cactus pot, is this normal?
It is not normal. Take them out and throw them away. It is caused from to much moisture. You might want to transplant them or at least, let them dry out. They dont need much watering. Good luck with them.
Reply:water the plants a little less often. it could kill the mushroom.

Textiles

No comments:

Post a Comment