Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I have an onion that is growing a new plant?

A few weeks ago, I discovered that I had an onion at the bottom of my refrigerator, towards the back. The onion itself was actually starting to rot, but there was a new plant starting to grow up out of the onion. So, I decided to go ahead and put it in some water and give it sunlight and it has grown about 5 inches. Now, the top parts of the leaves are starting to dry and brown. Is the plant withering away? Is there anyway I can do to save it?... and... What exactly is it going to grow into anyway? A new onion, or what?

There is a plant growing up out of a totally rotten onion

I have an onion that is growing a new plant?
It will grow a new onion but it must be planted in soil, not water. It may already be too late but give it a try.



Bert
Reply:An onion is nothing more than a bulb that grows into more onions. Yours is too far gone however so best to just pitch it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment